MSG Attorney At Law  Fighting for your rights!  Free Consultation
349 E. 51st Street,
5RW, New York, NY 10022
    Contact: (646)770-4366
Car Accidents

Please call to set up a free consultation to discuss your case with us by calling Mark S. Grodberg, Esq. @ (646)770-4366 or by email 

We will evaluate your case for NO FEE and will determine the best way to pursue your case while we protect and maximize your legal interests.

It is no surprise to all New Yorkers that there are a tremendous number of cars and traffic on the roads of Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens, and Westchester, and this number is constantly increasing as the population grows.  In direct proportion to this growth is a rise of auto accidents in New York City’s five Boroughs and Westchester.  Unfortunately, you or a family member or friend may be injured and a victim of a car accident in New York City due to the negligence of other drivers and through no fault of your own.

The statistics show that car accidents in the United States result in greater than 2 million permanent and serious injuries and 40,000 deaths per year.  Out of that number, there are 78,000 occurring in New York per year (see NY State Department of Motor Vehicles).  In every one of these accidents, resulting in serious injuries, either someone or something is at fault (the driver of the other vehicle, a malfunctioning traffic signal, a stop sign, and/or mechanical failures due to defective products or manufacturer negligence) .  Carelessness, reckless driving, inattention, intoxication or other impairments, and/or various defective road conditions usually cause these auto Accidents.

In the event, you or a loved one has been in an accident, you should follow these steps: Call the police and wait for them to arrive at the scene of the accident. Obtain information from the other driver (name, address, phone number, employer and work phone number, insurance company, policy number, driver license number and license plate number for the driver and the owner of each vehicle-also obtain the make, model and color of the cars. Take down the names of passengers, including their address and phone number; Identify witnesses and obtain their contact information, and also note the number of passengers in the other vehicle. Find out the name of the owner of the offending vehicle, if it is not the same as the driver, including address, phone number, insurance company, and policy number. Obtain a copy of the police report from the precinct of the responding officers. You must obtain a copy within 30 days of the accident—the report is vital to your case.  After that, it becomes very difficult to locate. Contact your attorney as soon as possible after the accident once you are in a safe place and away from the location of the accident. (Contact us immediately at or (646) 770-4366, and we will answer your questions for free). Most importantly, your health and well-being comes first and these steps must be performed as is appropriate to the accident situation. 

After performing these steps and assuring your well-being after the accident, it is in your best interest to contact a lawyer who will handle your legal interests. As you are likely initially entitled to have payment of medical bills (for a certain period of time,) prescription drugs, lost wages, housekeeping and/or transportation to and from medical providers, based upon the New York State no fault benefits, it is important to make sure that the proper individuals are notified of the accident and that necessary forms are prepared (We will explain the requirements at a free consultation). The insurance company regardless of who is at fault as to the cause of the accident pays these benefits . There is a short period of time in which to obtain these benefits and the proper forms must be completed. No fault benefits provide assistance to cover your medical bills primarily, but to obtain a full financial recovery, an action must be commenced against the individual at fault to recover an award for the pain and suffering related to your injuries, be compensated for any lost work and to generally make you whole.

Because of the many complexities involved in obtaining money damages to compensate you, for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering, as well as obtaining your no fault benefits, you need a lawyer that is very experienced in handling automobile accidents and can answer all of your questions and help you maximize your potential recovery (medical and money damages.) You also want to know that your lawyer has the skill and trial experience necessary to force the insurance carriers to come to the table to negotiate a settlement, or be able to develop your case for trial. 

Mark S. Grodberg, Esq., is experienced and skilled in handling personal injury cases resulting from automobile accidents and will position your case for the best possible results.     MCC Member Business
Website Builder